Monday, 24 June 2013

Room After

Here it is, the more or less final result. The room is now grey.
As you can see in the picture above there is a problem with the edge visible to the left of the bed, I have a wooden piece that goes there. I need to paint it and then it will look a lot more done.

The bed is Hemnes from IKEA. The poster above the bed is one that was made when Designmuseum Denmark had the exhibition Northern Women in CHANEL.



I love lanterns, so when I had the chance to incorporate them in my room I jumped at the chance. Again from IKEA I can't remember the name of the top of my head, will update it as soon as I have checked, ROTERA in white, black and metal.
I choose three different colours, I'm really happy with this as it adds some dept to them. Because the slanted wall is wood I just screwed some good straight into it, in some cases you might need to add anchors or similar.

I had bought the big lantern (similar here) with the small lanterns, my intention was to leave it standing on the floor. However as I decided I wanted a different lampshade I thought it would fit perfectly in the corner where the hook is. It is quite close to he wall, so many lampshades don't fit. All I did to turn the lantern into a lamp was to pull a chord through the lantern's holes in the top and add a light fixture inside. I'm quite pleased with it. I will post close ups next time I visit my mum.
Sorry about the bad angle of this shot. My room is really narrow, and I couldn't get a good angle for this side of the room. I will try again next time I'm visiting my mum.

Have a great day :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...